Saturday, September 29, 2007

Guns and Gangsters (Nottingham)

I have now spent a full 24 hours in my new term-time-home. Its bigger than I thought it would be but the kitchens are crap, we have 1 little fridge freezer for 6 people. So I've had to buy a mini fridge for my room. The location isn't ideal either, its such a rough area, hoody and track suit-wearing gangsters all over the streets, I just keep looking at the pavement and don't listen to my MP3 player, also just around the corner is the local gun shop, with rifles and that in the window, we went to the retail park down the road yesterday and 2 men asked us where it was we pointed them in the right direction but I felt bad that I did afterwards.

Earlier today I walked down to rock city and the university, it was quite easy to get to.

People seems nice here so its ok, feeling home sick though.